Sesame Green Beans
taste of home
Vibrant and flavorful, this side will be a welcome accompaniment to any menu.
Get this recipe from Taste of Home.
Creamy Cranberry Salad
One of my piano students taught me the perfect lesson in salad for the holidays. The keys are cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, and nuts. —Alexandra Lypecky Dearborn, MI (Country Woman)
Prep: 15 min. + chilling • Makes: 16 servings
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 can (20 oz.) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, stir together the first six ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and walnuts into the cranberry mixture.
Test Kitchen Tips: Make it easy on yourself. Pulse cranberries in a food processor to chop them.To really bring the walnuts to life, toast them for a few minutes in a dry skillet. Stir occasionally and watch closely so they don’t burn. Remove from the heat when fragrant.
Per serving 200 cal., 12g fat (7g sat. fat), 34mg chol., 32mg sod., 23g carb. (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g pro.